Thursday, March 3, 2011

I like to make things as awkward as possible.

Sunday I still had the mustard-yellow paint on my hands, hadn't showered, and spent the morning cleaning my old house. Internet still hasn't been hooked-up in my new house yet, so I ran to my favorite coffee shop to e-mail my program director.

The guy behind the counter, who is always really nice, said "you're late for your typically Sunday meeting."

"Yeah... I just bought a house and had some things to take care of." He looked at me with a perplexed expression and asked how old I was, which was immediately followed by him asking my name and telling me two times that it was nice to meet me.

He gave me my coffee, I sat down and wrote a note that read:

Do you want to be friends?

Circle One
Yes No Maybe

If you circled yes
(arrow to flip over fold in page)
*my phone number*

Anyone who is going to hit on me when I look like that deserves the digits.

I am an old woman and I go to bed around 9:30 sometimes, last night was no different. I was awoken by a number I didn't recognize around 10:45.

"Hello?"
"So... I circled yes."

:]

No comments:

Post a Comment